Thursday, June 26, 2008

it's obvious. i'm not perfect...

Tonight, I'm putting together a quilt top. It's my favorite part of quilting, creating the top.
Too bad I can't get by without my seam ripper, it would go so much faster, doing each block only once.
When I pin one block to another, the seams line up so perfectly, and I get very excited thinking about how good I'm doing. Then I sew the seam, fold it out and look at what I've done.
What happened to my matching seams? Who put my points off ?!
What a world, what a world.
The Amish women are famous for their quilting. They actually put a mistake in their quilts on purpose! They say only God is perfect.
Mistakes seem to jump into my quilts all by themselves. I know that only God is perfect. I can prove it with each of my creations!

No comments: